This blog is an opportunity for Ms Fillion's English students to voice their opinions about the books they are reading as part of their Individual Novel Study. My hope is that this generates discussion and encourages further reading.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
The Children of Hurin
Action-packed
Adventurous
Epic
Genre: Fantasy
Plot Summary
This is a epic tale, filled with fantasy and adventure. Turin and Nienor the "Children of Hurin" had a so called "curse" placed on them as infants by the first dark lord Morgoth, because Hurin had challenged Morgoth. This then causing a war to breakout. Now they need to stop it.
I really liked this book because, I like Tolkiens stories and the history behind them. I would recommend this to stronger readers, and to people who have read more of Tolkiens books, like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Over all it is a good book.
4/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.