Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Fast-Paced, Riveting, Shocking


A fiction, mystery/detective novel.

Plot Preview:

Professor Robert Langdon is in Paris on business when he's called to come to The Louvre. A dead body has been found, setting Langdon off on an adventure with Sophie Neveu as he attempts to solve an ancient code and uncover one of the greatest mysteries of all time.

Personal Response:

In my opinion, Dan uses history irresponsibly because he changes well known events into something else that sounds believable. For example, he changes the story of Jesus from the Bible so that he is actually married to Mary Magdalene. But, even though he uses altered history events, the book still makes for a very interesting read. One of the reasons I found this book so interesting is because I used to do lots of codes and puzzles as a kid, which made me want to keep reading to see if I could get the answers to the codes myself. All in all, this book served as excellent reading material, and I would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in codes and/or mysteries.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.