The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Thrilling, science fiction
Plot: In what I'd like to think of as the distant future. this book takes place in what they describe as a post apocalyptic North America. In the country of Panem, the capitol is surrounded by 12 districts each in charge of supplying the capitol with a resource. Each year Panem holds the annual Hunger Games which consists of 1 boy and 1 girl between the ages of 12-18 from each district. The tributes are brought to the capitol and trained in both survival and combat so they may fight for their lives inside the arena. Young Katniss Everdeen finds herself fighting for her life in this barbaric deathmatch, equipped with only her fathers knowledge and hunting experience.
Personal response: The hunger games takes you on a ride of emotions. Restricting it to only a select few genres is a shame. I found myself reading deep into the night, being scared for Katniss's life, intrigued into the plot, and anxious to know what happens next. Susanne Collins brought a sense of realism to this book that shows how a girl of Katniss's age would really think and feel during each situation.
I think this book was quite interesting to read, it was full of excitement,survival,and confusion between love and hatred.I couldn't put down the book and read it continuously for three days straight. I felt that the story line between the main characters, and the action that describe the scenes in the book were well written and described with details. There were parts where I read were confusing, scary, and yet I loved every second of it. I did watch the movie before reading this book, and I think that the book is better than the movie. It gave me more details to understand what is happening between the character itself, and how Katniss Everdeen thought to survive. I recommend people who love fantasy, action, love and hatred to read this book. It is a book that you can't put down, and that you will love. I will rate this book a 4.5/5.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThe Hunger Games is an action and also thriller novel, which is written by Suzanne Collins . The Hunger Games is a very unique and remarkable book. Suzanne Collins did a wonderful job writing this novel, it was very detailed and well written. I would recommend this outstanding book to many people. The action in this novel always got me stimulated to find out what was going to happen next. The Hunger Games is a book everyone should read, I am pretty sure everyone would enjoy it . When you read this book you will literally feel like you are on an adventure full of love, but also hatred. The main character in this novel, Katniss Everdeen is described very well by the author.When Suzanne Collins described Katniss Everdeen I could just picture her in my head. This helped me get a clear understanding of the book and made it much more exciting for me to read when I could picture it all in my head. Overall, I think Suzanne Collins did an excellent job writing this amazing novel, which everyone should give a chance and try reading. I rate this wonderful book a 5/5.