Thursday, March 29, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Mystery,
Shocking,
Intriguing

Fiction Mystery

 Plot preview
Jacob, a teen who is told intense and gripping stories of his grandfather's childhood, believes them to be fairy tales until after a terrifying event. People start to believe he's going crazy, even his own parents are worried for him. Now he must investigate to discover the truth. He gets caught between two times while trying to unravel his grandfathers past.

Response

In my humble opinion, this book was well-written and hard to put down. It felt like I was there, along side the characters, like a fly on the wall. All the mystery and suspense was what kept me interested and wanting to read more. I felt like I knew Jacob personally and was going through his journey with him, like two friends going on an adventure that they'll never forget. All the creative characters in the book caught my attention as well, some were so wondrously different that they could put goosebumps on your skin and a smile on your face. The pictures added a lot, making it easier to imagine the setting and characters. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a taste for adventure and excitement.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.