Monday, April 2, 2012

The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams





Powerful, Heartbreaking, Compassionate


Fiction
Genre:Thriller


Plot Review:

In the novel, Kira is a thirteen year old girl, who lives in a small town. She hopes to choose Joshua, a boy she likes , to get married to. But the Prophet decides that Kira must marry her 60 year old uncle, who already has six wives. She must make a desperate choice to live the way she wants.


I chose to read this book because it's interesting to see what she would go through. This novel is very detailed, and well written. I felt like I was watching everything happening in the story. Parts in this story were very romantic, others were cruel and disgusting. I hate that the Prophet was making young girls marry old men, who were part of the Apostle. It was a good book, I would not really recommend it though.


3.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.