Suspenseful, action-oriented, slow-paced
Fiction
Genre-Tragedy
A story about a ruthless government hosting their sinister Games...
I was very excited about reading this book. There was a lot of buzz about it, so I thought that I would give it a try. At first, the book took a very slow pace. I noticed that when it wasn't an action-oriented part of the story, that I was very bored at how slowly events occurred. When part one of the book ended, which was halfway in, I was completely uninterested with the book. When part two started, I couldn't put the book down. The way the turn of events took place, the how the book detailed the Games was fantastic. Overall, I found that the part of the book I had enjoyed the most was during the Games itself. It also shocked my how similar the people in the Capitol (The over-indulgence obsessed citizens of the capital city) were compared to today's society. I would recommend this book to a person who doesn't mind a lot of violence, and a very unfortunate turn of events, all the way to the last book of the trilogy.4/5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.