Friday, May 11, 2012

Mockingjay: By Susanne Collins

Mockingjay: By Susanne Collins




Suspense, Thriller, Sci-fi, War




Plot:

After the events of the quarter quell, Katniss Everdeen finds herself underneath the ruins of district thirteen.

Her home of district 12 has been firebombed and nothing remains other then the victors village where she once lived. Walking amongst the charred remains of her friends and city, She bids farewell to district 12 and goes back to the underground rebel base known as district 13.

Back in the dark days district 13 made a deal with the capital to ensure that they were left alone. Such a deal however, could not be made without the threat of a nuclear strike.

Katniss finds herself in a situation where she's forced to ally with the rebels. She's branded as the mockingjay and has become the face of the war.

All the while Peeta has been taken capture and asking for a cease fire for the war to stop.
Finnick, a fellow tribute in the quarter quell, has lost his mind, yet is one of the only sources of comfort to Katniss during these dark days.


Review:

This book is chalk full of action, and will make any fan of the series giddy with pleasure. The story starts inside of district thirteen, and barely explains any of the new characters, so i found myself feeling lost at the beginning of the story. Your hearing and learning allot more about Gale and their relationship. But you often find yourself missing Peeta.

This book was far more dramatic then any other story I've read, and I loved it. Each twist and turn in the story brought new drama, and more worry to the reader. Being a war, you can no doubt be fearing the chance of death for Katniss and her companions.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and would put it higher then the other two books before it. Mockingjay gets a 10/10











3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suspenseful, heart wrenching, exciting.

    Never in my life have I read a series of books that was so enthralling. From beginning to end Susanne Collins keeps you hanging on her every word, or rather, Katniss' every word. Mockingjay, the third and final Hunger Games book is much slower paced than the first two and many times towards the beginning I had a hard time staying awake while reading. Never the less, my love for the characters kept me right on going, and my curiosity for how it would all end wouldn't let me stop. I also agree that the slower pace was intended for character development, and it served it's purpose well. We got to know all of the characters, especially Prim, Gale, and Katniss, so much more. The many twists and turns often left me gasping for air at the end of a chapter, and I had to read the ending 4 times in order to stop crying. This book, though not my favorite of the three, was a fairly enjoyable read. I do question weather or not I would have continued reading if The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire hadn't gotten me hooked; it can't hold it's own against other best sellers. So much of the enjoyment I got out of this book wasn't actually in the pages but in the ongoing debates and conversations I've have on the subject. I feel like I've got a little secret club with all the people who've read all the books, and we're all cheering on the ones who are still reading, in hopes that we'll finally be able to talk about it around them.
    All in all, I did enjoy the book. I also wouldn't have been able to survive if I hadn't found out what happened to the people who I have grown to love and care about.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.