Thursday, November 8, 2012

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer

 

Harrowing, Vivid, Absorbing

Non Fiction

Adventure

Plot Preview

From the moment you start reading this novel, you get pulled in and absorbed. Throughout the book you follow Jon on his journey up to the summit of Mount. Everest, there are many challenges and obstacles that he has to overcome, making this novel interesting and relatable. Of course most of our problems don't measure up to the problems he faced on Everest but none the less it's an inspiring read. On the mountain Jon witnessed alot of death, most of which were people he had grown to know during his trip, do to this fact some parts can be upsetting to read and stir up emotions. It's an intense read because the author goes into such detail about the events that take place and the training that leads up to the climb. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and expect others to as well. It's a fantastic book with a deep meaning, lots of emotions and shows how people act in life and death situations. The ending was well fitted and helped tie the whole story together. With many powerful and inspirational moments this book exceeded my expectations and I'm glad I chose to read it. I would suggest this novel to anyone looking for a book that takes you on an adventure.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.