Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


                                                            
 Tragic, Suspenseful,  Mesmerizing  


Non-Fiction: Documents the thirteen reasons why a teenage girl commits suicide.

Thriller, Mystery, Dramatic


Personal Response

I think that this novel is phenomenal. I was able to relate to this novel on so many levels. Even though the novel does have a very sad side to it, it seems to grab a hold of you, and make it so you can't quit reading until your finished. I loved the way the author included lots of meaningful and very thoughtful quotes that really help the reader imagine how Hannah, (the main character) was feeling throughout the novel. I think that this book would be very relatable to the average high school student. Many of the different things Hannah dealt with are things that many teenagers go through as well. Jay Asher has become one of my new favourite authors. I defiantly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good mystery novel, with a slight twist.

5/5


                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.