Witty, Memorable, Endearing
Fiction
Coming of Age
Plot Preview
I was very impressed when I first read this book. The story is very realistic considering the personality of the protagonist, Jennifer Lewis. I, myself, have never experienced a breakup, in fact, I've never been in a romantic relationship. I don't plan to, but I feel like this is a good portrayal of realistic breakups where she is always asking herself: why? I can relate with this kind of question; I sometimes regret the some things and stuff happens that I don't particularly understand, therefore I find myself asking why. I, then, over-think the situation and it turns into a big, jumbled mess in my mind. When Jennifer is troubled by this, I find her character quite needy and helpless. Although I know it's not exactly her own fault, she comes off as that kind of person. That is what I think the author was trying to get across: if you don't fix yourself up, you look like a whiny and dependent moper. Moving on is something to accept. I've read this several times and I haven't ever gotten tired of it.
4.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.