Monday, February 20, 2012

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

Intriguing, Suspenseful, Gripping

A fiction, young adult adventure novel.

Plot Preview:

In 'Hatchet', Brian Robeson is flying to visit his father in northern Canada, when the plane that he's flying in crashes. Brian has to figure out how to survive out in the wilderness with nothing but a hatchet, given to him by his mother before he left.

Personal Response:

I think this book was fairly well written, although the reading level was a bit too low for my preference. Still, it was interesting enough to make me want to keep reading to find out what would happen next. It challenged me to think about what I would do if I was stranded out in the wilderness. How would I deal with shelter, food, and all the other dangers? How would you survive if you were stranded out in the wilderness?

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.