Heart-wrenching, Dark, Shocking
Science Fiction
Post-Apoctolyptic
Plot Preview: Against all odds Katniss Everdeen has survived two gruesome and agonizing Hunger Games and her life is getting nothing but worse. Her home is demolished and her life is destroyed from only one cause: the Capitol. Katniss has become the face of rebellion, the Mockingjay, with plans to annihilate the Capitol, and a revolution is evolving. The outcome of this rebellion fully relies on Katniss. Will she live up to the expectations or crumble from the pressure?
Plot Preview: Against all odds Katniss Everdeen has survived two gruesome and agonizing Hunger Games and her life is getting nothing but worse. Her home is demolished and her life is destroyed from only one cause: the Capitol. Katniss has become the face of rebellion, the Mockingjay, with plans to annihilate the Capitol, and a revolution is evolving. The outcome of this rebellion fully relies on Katniss. Will she live up to the expectations or crumble from the pressure?
The novel Mockingjay is the last in the stirring Hunger
Games trilogy. Suzanne Collins has recreated another world that comes alive
in your fingertips, bringing you deeper in to the grueling lives of the
characters. From the moment I stepped into this haunting adventure I felt as if
I had been transformed into a character struggling to survive in a depressing
and violent reality.
Nothing is sugarcoated; instead she’s brutally tangled up the
mess into complete mayhem where nothing could be bright. It’s gruesome, as she
doesn’t spare any blood or gore. Death is a frequent occurrence in this novel.
There were many moments where I was reminded that it isn’t only books where
this cruelty occurs, but also in our world.
Also, she has mastered the skill of provoking emotions in
numerous ways. She frenzied my mind, broke my heart, brought smiles
to my lips, and even brought tears to my eyes. I couldn’t have asked for a
better book to stir up all of my emotions.
Although there were many profound and powerful points in this
novel I found that the ending was left unsettled and not fully concluded. I
admired the fact that it didn’t conclude happily ever after where everything
was optimistic and blissful because that would be unrealistic. For the mess
that Collins created the ending was well fitted. In all, with only little
disappointment this novel exceeded my expectations and is truly a masterpiece!
4.5/5

Unpredictable, Enthralling, Exhilarating
ReplyDeletePost-Apocalyptic
Science Fiction
Plot Preview
Katniss Everdeen, the 'girl on fire', has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss' family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are leaders. A revolution is unfolding. It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans — except Katniss. The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay — no matter what the personal cost.
The final novel placed a lot of complications and obstacles in front of the characters for them to overcome. For the most part, I was quite appeased with how the series concluded. Even if I didn't necessarily agree with all of the resolutions, all of the conflicts were resolved. As previously stated, the denouement wasn't exactly a happy one. I didn't entirely agree with how one of Katniss' suitors was so simply dismissed, however, I don't disagree with who she ended up choosing.
I found that this book had a lot of seemingly unfairness. Some characters were killed off in brutal ways, which I didn't always find necessary. It was sad to see some of them die, because I wished for everything to turn out alright. Yet in the same breath, you can't expect to appreciate happiness without experiencing sadness. We wouldn't know when to rejoice at the success of a character, if we never saw them experience deep sorrow. Even though this book is unrealistic in sorts, the general theme throughout the book is relative to us in our time. We are faced with trials and hardships today, just the same as the characters did in the book.
All in all, I was happy with the closure of the series. I am still reminded of all the things which I need to be grateful for. I was pleased and satisfied throughout the course of events in the book and I give full compliments to the author for her wonderful job on these books.
5/5
Breath-taking, Exhilarating,Unexpected
ReplyDeletePost-Apocalyptic
Science Fiction
Plot Preview
Once again Katniss Everdeen has made it through the Hunger Games. She is now on her way to conquer to Capitol. During the Quarrel Quell she escaped not knowing behind the scene’s there was a plan to escape! Katniss was rescued but Peeta was captured by the Capitol, and who know’s what they are doing with him. Katniss has been offered the honorary job of being the Mockingjay, and be a solider.
The complete series was jaw-dropping, but I must say that the third Mockingjay caught me off guard and caught my attention. It was very complicated and it was not easy to figure out, their were many different obstacles that stopped me from reading and re-reading the paragraph. Katniss ended up with may of peoples life's and many decisions on her shoulders, but she was able to figure things out.
The characters in this book were more dynamic and expressed what they loved and who they loved most, many gave up lives just to win a war. I did not even think that some of the things would happen, like war or hiding. Gale had grown up and stayed by Katniss side at all times, not letting her go out on her own, or showing her love when she needed it. Gale most likely inspired many people from doing what he had done, and caring for Katniss so much. Peeta really grew in this book learning what he was most involved with and to show his passion. He would do anything to protect Katniss and her loved ones. This book had many levels of dangers scaling from highly dangerous to extremely dangerous. While you are reading the book you will end up holding your breath and not letting it out for many minutes, or ignoring everything around you and reading for countless hours.
Although there were many up's and down's, I enjoyed reading this serious and I hope for a new book to come out. I was impressed by the amount of happiness and sadness in the book and ending with a positive mark. I hope to see the movie when it comes out, and will look forward to the many book to come by this author.