Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monster by Christopher Pike

Astonishing, Dramatic, Lively


Fiction: Mystery


Monster is a story about how a girl by the name of Angela that has to deal with knowing how her best friend Mary killed two people because they were monsters. At least that is what Mary called them. As Angela tries to get to the bottom of this with the help of the local police many conflicts erupt and Angela is sprung in the midst of all the problems.

As I read this book I was amazed how I was unable to stop. The book had kept me wanting more and more because Christopher Pike's writing style really kept me entertained the whole book. This isn't your average type of mystery. The story is filled with many twists and turns that leave you speechless. Reading this story really got me thinking because the way Pike wrote this story was so descriptive that I had really vivid images in my mind when he wrote about certain things. I could really picture myself in the story all thanks to Pike's creativeness and ability to describe the scenes and characters. The characters were all so distinct that they are the complete opposite of boring. Just from reading how some characters talked you could tell them apart. This book is definitely worth reading and I would recommend it to anyone that is in search of a good book.

5/5    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.