The Son of Neptune By: Rick Riordan
After Being with Jason and the other main characters in camp half blood (A summer camp for kids who are half human, and half Greek god). The reader reunites with Percy Jackson. Percy has lost all memories of his life until this point, he only knows he has to find a camp. The story follows Percy as he ventures through both the U.S and Canada on a mad dash to destroy Alcyoneus an all powerful giant born with the single purpose to destroy and replace Pluto (Hades) as ruler of the underworld. Percy finds his way to a roman counter part of camp half blood, camp Jupiter. He gains two new friends to join him on his quest, both with dark secrets lingering as the story progresses.
Personal response:
Any fan of the series will be forever intrigued as the original protagonist makes a long awaited return and goes through a roman camp. The previous installment in the series (The Lost Hero) makes references to this camp leaving you in anticipation to learn more about it. These books are well known for being filled to the brim with history lessons, and I can say I never tire of them. Learning about ancient feuds between the gods and other characters, only strengthens your interest and excitement. I found a few parts to be a little off from the rest of the book, but the constant humor and plot twists easily cancel those out. No matter how much I enjoyed the story it reminded me to much of the previous book.
So I give it an 8/10

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.