Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Muhammad Ali by Arlene Schulman

Astonishing, Expressive, Captivating


Non-fiction auto-biography about the life of Muhammad Ali.


Plot Preview


 After reading this book I found out that Muhammad Ali is more than just one of the greatest boxers of all time. I not only found out about Muhammad Ali as a boxer but I also found out about his personal life outside of the ring. I never knew his real name was Cassius Clay before I read this book. Muhammad Ali had fought for rights for African-Americans and because he did that he wasn't allowed to fight for nearly three years. I was fascinated by how African-Americans were being treated during the 1960's - 1970's they were discriminated against for no particular reason. I knew before that African - Americans were discriminated against but I never thought even successful  African-Americans like Muhammad Ali would be treated very cruelly but I do now after reading this book.


8/10







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.