Complex, Thought-Provoking, Delightful
Fiction
Fantasy, Adventure
While reading this book, I was constantly asking myself if anything made sense. At first it didn't make any sense, but after thinking about it, I would understand what Carroll meant. The messages that were hidden inside the book, it would take some time to realize, but one would need to have a creative and imaginative mind to understand the references. The infinite amount of impossible things in this book is astounding, I have a feeling that the author was a little bit mad himself, most like everyone in the book. Though, it was a fascinating book, I found most of the content jumbled and confusing, I originally thought that reading this would answer some of my questions about the movie made by Walt Disney, but it only created more. Sometimes that's a good thing. The ending was thought-provoking and it left me curious, I really like it and I loved how it reached out to the reader, literally. It's as if the author was breaking the fourth wall.
Alice was an imaginative girl who loved to have adventures and experience things. This, I think, is what lead her to her adventures in this book. An imagination as great as hers should be in the minds of most children, who have been robbed of it in this day in age. They only play video games and use the internet, it's not that I have anything wrong with the internet, but I think that they should at least try to see things in Alice's perspective. They need the imagination to keep them from being sucked into the social vacuum that strangles the world today. The pressure to be perfect and to blend in with the crowd. Only, children should stand out and know their imperfections. Knowing them doesn't mean that they don't like them, they just need to embrace them and be themselves. Alice was constantly being pushed around and told what to do, in the book, and one time, she had completely forgotten who she was. Although it was something she could not stop, I think it was something that Carroll was trying to say.
I adore this book for the message and mark that it left on me. Alice needed to find who she was and that is what I should be trying to to myself. I give this book a four out of five because I really enjoyed how it pulled on my imagination and inspiration to do things. The only thing I did not enjoy very much was that there was very little depth to the story itself. The characters are all over the place and I found it a little bit hard to follow. I wish it had some sort of main plot to it, really, the only thing she does is walk around and get yelled at my most of the people she encounters. I got very frustrated sometimes but overall, I think the book was well written and sufficiently enjoyable.
4/5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.