Coming of age novel
Plot Preview
This book is set around the 1950's and is written in first person point of view narrated by the main character Holden Copperfield It's clear right from the beginning that he is getting treatment from a mental sanatorium. Holden is about sixteen years old and is telling the story of these crazy events of his life when he was at Pencey prep school, in Agerstown. At the beginning of the book, he gets kicked out of his school for not doing his work and cannot return before Christmas He is very bitter and gets in a fight with his roomate. After their fight, he leaves Pencey and stays in a hotel, in Manhattan.
When I was reading this book I felt really connected to the author. I haven't been through Holden's events but I had a sense of feel to them. This book was a classic, about teenage rebellion. I think this was a great book to read.
5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.