Peak by Roland Smith
Thrilling,
Gut-wrenching,
Exhilarating.
Non Fiction
Adventurous
Peak, a novel written by Roland Smith is a thrilling adventure of a teenage boy. While I was reading this novel, I got absorbed into the book for as if I was actually there and having that experience. I was constantly shocked while reading through each chapter. This was one of the best novels which I had read in my entire life. I have a feeling that the author himself had also gone through these same experiences. When I saw this book for the first time, I just knew I had to read it. I read the back of the book and just got so absorbed into it that I just had to get it signed out of the library. Essentially, when I read the first couple of pages, I was not interested in this novel anymore, but, I didn't want to just judge the novel by its first couple of pages so I went on reading the novel. While I was reading chapter by chapter, I got more and more consumed in by the book that I just wanted to read all day.
The main character of this novel was named Peak Marcello. Peak, is a fourteen-year-old boy who lives in New York. Peak has two twin sister, a step-mom and step-dad and a birth dad. His parents had gotten divorced due to some usual issues between couples.
Peak's real father presents the opportunity for himself and his son to summit Everest together. Obviously, Peak is very interested in climbing, as you will read throughout this novel. Definitely, Peak will agree and take that opportunity to climb up Everest. His father, Josh, would like to have his son summit Everest and be the youngest person ever to stand above 29, 000 feet.
From beginning to end, Peak will go through many challenges both physical and emotional. Physical challenges are very hard to overcome, but with Peak's strong interest in climbing he will conquer. Emotional challenges are at lost for words. Most of the time, emotional challenges can be conquered, but not always. Peak is gone far away from his family for a long duration. The absence of his family really hurts him. Throughout the journey he had missed his two sisters the most. I know many people that would not have had the courage to go as far as Peak did. I know many people that would not be able to overcome these physical and emotional challenges that Peak had gone through.
I would recommend this novel to everyone. I enjoyed reading it and I agree strongly that you will love it as much as I did.
I cherish this book because of Peak's courage. Peak went through many challenges as I explained earlier to you, but he overcame them. For me, Peak is an amazing person. He is just an astonishing role model because he never lost his courage no matter what the situation was. I very much enjoyed reading this novel I hope you will too. The plot of the novel Peak is very sufficient which made the story easier to understand due to that I rated this book giving it one hundred percent. Peak, the novel is written is a very enjoyable way to give pleasure to its readers. I loved having the opportunity to read this novel. I hope you adore this book as much as I did reading it.
5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.